Michael (spudpuppy) wrote,

  • Mood:
Well, I managed to do most everything I had on my list for the day and it's only 5:00. That's pretty good. Only two things left on the list. One I can't do, because I missed the license bureau by 5 minutes. That will have to wait until next week.

The other one, is one that has been setting open on the list for a month now. I've already mentioned before, there is a woman at work who wants me to come over and install some software for her. The first time I tried, she never called back, She said I didn't leave my phone number in the message. I guess looking it up is pretty difficult. Especially, considering this is the HR Manager, who has everyone's phone number. Then she was out of town for two weeks. I was going to do it last week until I had my little sneezing attack from 9:30 am until about 9:00 pm.

Now, I just called her again. The same thing, the answering machine. I don't think they ever actually answer the phone, but that is just a hunch. This time, I did leave my phone number. Now it's a matter of waiting to see if she calls back.

The rest of the day? Oh let's see. It started off this morning with a trip to the complex office. I decided, I don't like being treated this way and they were going to hear about it. If you look back a couple of days ago, I received a nasty form letter from them, telling they had sent out my new lease a month ago, but since they hadn't heard back, this was friendly reminder that my lease was up at the end of the month. So I let them know this morning how I felt. Oh, they were so apoligetic. That's just a standard form letter we send to all of the residents. We never send out the first letter, only the follow-up. HHhhmmm, sounds like a strange way to run a business, to me. But out of the deal, they are supposed to be down on Monday, to look at installing a new hot water heater and possibly and new sliding glass door, to make up for it. We'll see.

But because it took so long at the complex, I was 5 minutes late getting to the license office to get a new stickers for the car. I guess that will have to be at lunch on Monday. I have until the end of the month, but the longer I wait, the longer the lines are, since everyone seems to procrastinate. Missouri did implement a new thing a couple of years ago, where they will renew your tags for two years instead of one. Unfortunately, my hasn't come up for a two year renewal yet.

Then it was off the get a haircut. What do you think? I told her, I wanted it short this time. The weather is already in the 80's. Not a good sign for the summer ahead.

Then to do some shopping and then back here to do some cleaning. Rearrange the laundry room, so they can get in on Monday to work on the hot water tank. Cleaned up the living room so it is now at presentable enough if someone comes by, I'm not totally embarassed.

So, all in all, a very productive day.

But then I got a call from my sister a little while ago, "Pleeeeaaasssse come to Church with us tomorrow" It's Mother's Day and we can all go to lunch afterwards. I hate being coerced into going to church. But I'm nice and don't say too much about it. But they can tell, I'm not too happy.

Well the sun is out, time to go out and do some more running. Enjoy the weather.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment